Chic Boutique Hotels in Kansas City
Whether its for a gathering or a quick getaway, your overnight stay in Kansas City is covered thanks to an assortment of chic boutique hotels that offer upscale amenities, unique accents and unbeatable locations.
Book your next trip at one of KC’s popular boutique hotels:
- 21c Museum Hotel: Part museum, part restaurant and part hotel, 21c is a marvelous combination of stunning details and amenities. Find it located in the historic, totally refurbished Savoy Hotel just north of the Power & Light District.
- Hotel Indigo-Downtown: Inspired by transit to and from the City of Fountains, the first of two Hotel Indigo properties calls the renovated 1930s-era Brookfield Building home. Nearby, visitors will encounter KC Streetcar stops, Made in Kansas City Café and Plowboys BBQ.
- Hotel Kansas City – Part of Hyatt's Unbound Collection, this new 144-room property opened in Downtown's iconic Kansas City Club building in 2020. The hotel's thoughtful design fosters moments of great nostalgia, paying homage to the building's history as a prominent 1920s social club.
- Hotel Phillips: Admire the wonderfully preserved Art Deco interior in this marvel of a building that first opened in 1931. Now, expect the same appreciation for architecture and early 20th-century style with modern amenities for today’s travelers, including the sleek, underground P.S. Speakeasy.
- Hilton President: The Hilton President is the only hotel located in the eight square blocks of the Power & Light District, meaning it’s the place to be for concerts and events at T-Mobile Center or Arvest Bank Theatre at The Midland, as well as after-hours revelry at KC Live! Block.
- Ambassador Hotel: Once home to the Gate City National Bank, the Ambassador was constructed in 1920 and served as a showcase for neoclassical design. The contemporary interpretation is a sophisticated stayaway only two blocks from Power & Light entertainment.
Crossroads Arts District
- Crossroads Hotel: From exposed brick and candle-lit Italian dinners to a rooftop beer garden and a sharp lobby bar, this hip hotel marvels as one of the preeminent properties in the district—and truly embodies the artsy, unrefined vibe of the Crossroads.
- Hotel Indigo-Crossroads: Inspired by Kansas City’s thriving creative culture, the second of two KC Hotel Indigos takes its cue from the Crossroads Arts District, as each guestroom features specially commissioned art among other fine embellishments.
Country Club Plaza
- The Raphael: Overlooking the Spanish-inspired Country Club Plaza, The Raphael dates to 1928, when it was first commissioned as a luxury apartment. This history stands as a testament to Kansas City’s extravagant past with upscale European accommodations.
- The Fontaine: Pair swanky rooms and excellent dining experiences with one of the best rooftop pools in the city and you have The Fontaine, a popular and trendy hotel located a block away from unparalleled shopping options at the Plaza.
- 816 Hotel: Nestled steps away from the heart of Kansas City’s original nightlife district, the 816 Hotel offers a more casual overnight experience from its Crossroads and Plaza counterparts. Consider it your resting place among a thriving social scene—and an excellent in-between for all there is to do and see in KC.
- AC Hotels by Marriott Kansas City Westport: As with 816, expect relaxation to be maximum at this Westport property. Between nighttime jaunts through the neighborhood’s bar scene and morning brunch excursions, there’s no shortage of good times within walking distance.
More Across the Region
- The Elms Resort & Spa: Boasting more than 100 years of history, The Elms welcomes guests to relax however they see fit, with spa services, hot tubs, healing waters and luxurious lodging accommodations available. Plan to indulge once you've finished soaking in the small-town charm of surrounding Excelsior Springs.
- Chateau Avalon: Each room offers an unforgettable new experience at this Kansas City, KS, gem. Luxury accommodations, adventure suites and classic stays are nestled under one roof, all alongside a spa and lounge designed to ensure your visit to Chateau Avalon is unendingly relaxing.
- The Inn at Meadowbrook: With 54 rooms set in an environment designed to welcome you like home, you'll want to linger in Prairie Village for more time at the Inn at Meadowbrook. Welcoming guestrooms pair perfectly with multiple celebrated dining options on-site, as well as abundant green spaces just outside your door.