Great Places for Ice Cream Other Sweet Treats in Kansas City
Whether enjoying the warmer months or in need of a tropical getaway, a collection of Kansas City shops serve scoops of ice cream, shaved ice, frozen custard and chilled drinks to keep you cool regardless of the time of year.
Here are some of the most popular local sweet treats in KC:
Shatto Milk Company
Flavored milk (such as cotton candy or root beer), ice cream or ice cream sandwich, the products made by this local dairy purveyor, which are available in regional grocery stores, are your go-to sweet tooth fix.
- Paleteria Tropicana: Plan on natural popsicles, fruit smoothies and churros at this Southwest Boulevard staple with several additional locations throughout the metro
- Foo's Frozen Custard: Nestled in Brookside, this concrete-serving frozen custard joint has been a favorite since 1988.
- Winstead's: Sundaes and banana splits are the usual at this old-school diner, but real ice cream champions buddy up to take down the Skyscraper Shake, a towering confectionary concoction.
- Sheridan's Frozen Custard: Find these delicious shops throughout the metro—including in Overland Park and Crown Center—for fresh frozen custard, shakes, smoothies and more.
- KC Soda Co.: Craft soda meets kooky tastes and hard-to-find brands in this hometown soda shop located in The City Market.
- Freezing Moo: As fun to watch as delicious it is to eat, this regional chain features Thai fried ice cream rolls in countless flavor combinations.
- Sylas & Maddy's Homemade Ice Cream: A plethora of fresh-made ice cream options adorn waffle cones (also freshly prepared) at this local favorite that calls Olathe and Lawrence home.
- Andy's Frozen Custard: A regional icon with sizable portions and plenty of fun mix-in flavors.