Kansas City’s Science Center, Science City, is THE place for inquisitive young minds to create, explore, and experiment with the BIG world of science through hands-on learning and non-stop fun. Internationally awarded for “Visitor Experience” and named one of the country’s TOP 25 science centers, Science City annually educates and entertains hundreds of thousands of science-thirsty children of all ages.
Centrally located in the heart of Kansas City and part of the historic and acclaimed Union Station complex, Science City boasts hundreds of interactive displays covering more than 92,000 sqft.
Featured attractions include:
- Simple Machines at Play: Explore six simple machines in the first ever outdoor Science City experience. You'll climb, race, lift, slide, turn and fasten - moving your body and engaging your mind all at the same time.
- Every Last Drop: Explore water, an extraordinary molecule and our relationship to it.
- Genetics: Unlock the Code: Discover the science and wonder behind the human genome
- Interactive Entrance: Touch, feel, play and learn as you make your way into Science City.
- Maker Studio: Become a Maker as you create and construct in this unique hands-on learning lab.
- Nature Center: Get up close and observe the diverse and beloved animals that call Science City home.
- Science of Energy: Power up your imagination as you learn about energy and how it touches every part of our lives.
- Science on a Sphere: A stunning and powerful visual perspective of Earth and other objects in our solar system.
- Sky Bike: Put the law of physics to the test while seated on a bicycle that is suspended on a highwire 30 feet above the ground.
- Spark!Lab: Everyone is inventive! Get creative with the invention process in this unique, hands-on exploration experience.
Kansas City kids and parents love the Science Center.
Continually evolving and always inventing new ways to make science meaningful and fun, Science City has become THE regional destination for families, groups and special events.
For more information visit sciencecity.com