Bar trivia is tradition unlike any other. In Kansas City, the scene is as strong as it’s ever been thanks to a collection of craft breweries and favorite local restaurants leading the way with ample space and plenty of pints.
No matter the time of day or day of the week, there’s a place for people to put their collective wits to the test among drinks and bites with friends, loved ones and coworkers, meaning good times for all involved.
Break out your best team name and find some of KC’s most popular bars and restaurants for trivia. Contact each establishment for full details and costs to participate.
- Bier Station: Kansas City’s original grab-and-go craft beer bar is also a mainstay in the trivia world. Pick a pint and enjoy yourself in the charming Waldo neighborhood. 7:30 p.m.
- Chicken N Pickle: One of the most popular hangouts in the region is North Kansas City’s pride and joy. Count on delicious food, local pours and pickleball plays before and after trivia fun. 7 p.m.
- Green Room Burgers & Beer: Found in Westport, Green Room is a cozy brewpub with unique burgers and crave-worthy fries perfect for sharing. 8 p.m.
- Bar K Dog Bar: What’s better than bringing your pooch pal to trivia? Let your four-legged friends enjoy a two-acre, off-leash dog park (plus other play areas) while you and other human companions test trivia knowledge. 7:30 p.m.
- Cinder Block Brewery: Another North Kansas City classic, Cinder Block tames trivia crowds with a strong stable of year-round and seasonal brews. 7 p.m.
- Hamburger Mary’s: Try your hand at Trashy Trivia in this Midtown hotspot also known for funky burger creations and Sunday brunches featuring drag performers. 7 p.m.
- Hi-Dive Lounge: You’d be hard-pressed to find a more memorable no-frills bar than Hi-Dive, a 39th Street West establishment that features a mystery beer dispenser and other quirky fun. 8 p.m.
- Waldo Pizza: Beloved by patrons young and not so young, this traditional pizza parlor offers a little something for everyone. 7 p.m.
- Apex Aleworks: This friendly Independence microbrewery is known for its experimental flavors, including the oyster stout and coconut milk stout. 7:30 p.m.
- HopCat: Westport’s two-story craft beer taproom offers excellent bar food—Cosmik Fries always satisfy—and a wide variety of local, national and international taps. 8 p.m.
- iTap: Sample brews and ciders from around the world and close to home in this expansive Crossroads Arts District brew hall that comes decked out with plenty of TVs and a sunny patio. 7 p.m.
- New Axiom Brewing: New Axiom is a worthy addition to Lee’s Summit’s booming brewing scene—and, incidentally, greater KC’s trivia culture. 8 p.m.
- Westport Flea Market: Much-heralded burgers meet delightfully unrefined décor in possibly the most popular trivia hub in the city. Cash only. 8 p.m.
- The Indie Bar on Main: Find this venue next door to the historic Arvest Bank Theatre at The Midland right in the heart of Downtown Kansas City. 8 p.m.
- Pawn & Pint: One of KC’s only board game bars is also home to pop culture-themed cocktails, a lengthy beer list and delicious dinner and brunch, as well as Thursday-night trivia. 8 p.m.
- Westport Flea Market: The Thursday edition of Trivia Night at Westport Flea Market is much the same, except with a start time one hour later than on Wednesday. Still cash only. 9 p.m.
- Double Shift Brewing Company: Start your week off right with trivia at Double Shift, one of the original local breweries to open in the now-bustling East Crossroads craft beer scene. 7 p.m.
- KC Bier Co.: Based in Waldo, this German-style brewery offers authentic craft beers and regular soccer watch parties for avid fans. 1 p.m.
- Boulevard Brewing Co.: New themes every month and an always-changing rotation of seasonal and test beers means Kansas City’s largest brewery is always full of surprises.