Pub Quiz: Popular Bars and Restaurants for Trivia in Kansas City
Bar trivia is tradition unlike any other. In Kansas City, the scene is as strong as it’s ever been thanks to a collection of craft breweries and favorite local restaurants leading the way with ample space and plenty of pints.
No matter the time of day or day of the week, there’s a place for people to put their collective wits to the test among drinks and bites with friends, loved ones and coworkers, meaning good times for all involved.
Break out your best team name and find some of KC’s most popular bars and restaurants for trivia. Contact each establishment for full details and costs to participate.
- Bier Station: Kansas City’s original grab-and-go craft beer bar is also a mainstay in the trivia world. Pick a pint and enjoy yourself in the charming Waldo neighborhood. 7 p.m.
- Chicken N Pickle: One of the most popular hangouts in the region is North Kansas City’s pride and joy. Count on delicious food, local pours and pickleball plays before and after trivia fun. 7 p.m.
- Gaels Public House & Sports: This is a South Plaza hotspot that can appeal to anyone in Kansas City. You can go for lunch, a drink after work, trivia with friends, catch a drag show, sing karaoke, or just enjoy dinner. 7 p.m.
- Bar K Dog Bar: What’s better than bringing your pooch pal to trivia? Let your four-legged friends enjoy a two-acre, off-leash dog park (plus other play areas) while you and other human companions test trivia knowledge. 7 p.m.
- Cinder Block Brewery: Another North Kansas City classic, Cinder Block tames trivia crowds with a strong stable of year-round and seasonal brews. 6:30 p.m.
- Hamburger Mary’s: Try your hand at All-Star Trivia in this Midtown hotspot also known for funky burger creations and Sunday brunches featuring drag performers. 7 p.m.
- John's Big Deck: Taco Tuesday just got better. Enjoy a night of trivia and tacos at one of Downtown Kansas City's staple bars. 7 p.m.
- Apex Aleworks: This friendly Independence microbrewery is known for its experimental flavors, including the oyster stout and coconut milk stout. 7 p.m.
- Charlie Hooper's Grille & Bar: With 30 taps and over 100 options in bottles and cans, you’re sure to find something you like in this Brookside hangout — including local, crafts, seasonal and unusual brews. 7 p.m.
- Hi-Dive Lounge: You’d be hard-pressed to find a more memorable no-frills bar than Hi-Dive, a 39th Street West establishment that features a mystery beer dispenser and other quirky fun. 7 p.m.
- iTap: Sample brews and ciders from around the world and close to home in this expansive Crossroads Arts District brew hall that comes decked out with plenty of TVs and a sunny patio. 7 p.m.
- Pawn & Pint: One of KC’s only board game bars is also home to pop culture-themed cocktails, a lengthy beer list and delicious dinner and brunch, as well as Wednesday-night trivia. 7 p.m.
- KC Bier Co.: Based in Waldo, this German-style brewery offers authentic craft beers and regular soccer watch parties for avid fans. 1 p.m.