Feel that breeze? The smell of the ocean? It’s true—Pacific island tastes have sailed into KC thanks to an array of tiki concepts and cocktails that keep the sun shining and tropical flavors flowing all year long.
The walk-up stop’s menu is full of fresh dishes—Baja shrimp tacos and Tikibowls stand out—mixed with other crave-worthy tastes, such as elote (seasoned corn on the cob), queso-loaded nachos and a steak and shrimp burrito.
Menus change seasonally—and the bartenders are game to make anything to your preference, tiki flavors included—but visitors can count on plenty of rum, pineapple and coconut to go around.
The Well Bar, Grill & Rooftop
The drink combines white rum, St. Germain, pineapple juice and mint lime syrup for the perfect, refreshing complement to the establishment’s much-lauded rooftop and warm summer nights.
Other area watering holes serve up seasonal libations that keep guests coming around for more. Keep and eye on the following hangs:
- Swordfish Tom’s – Low-key lounge that touts an expansive menu focused on the Manhattan.
- Ça Va – Champagne bar featuring bubbles and comforting accompaniments.
- The Monarch Bar – High-end, artfully prepared drinks shine in this beautiful Country Club Plaza bar.
- The W – Intimate Lee’s Summit club with creative takes on traditional favorites.
- Julep – Whiskey-centric Westport club with plenty of bites and beers.
- The Brass Onion – Overland Park’s hot new restaurant that touts plates and pours—and features a stellar cocktail menu.