Tuesday Nov. 3
Noon - Parade Start
2pm - Rally Begins
The City of Kansas City, Missouri and the Kansas City Royals invite all fans to a #RoyalCelebration for our World Champion team.
The 2.3 mile-long parade starts at noon, Tuesday, Nov. 3. The parade steps off on Grand Boulevard between the Sprint Center and the Kansas City Power & Light District and heads north to Ninth Street. It turns east to Oak, then goes south to Truman, then west back to Grand. After circling through the downtown business district, the parade continues south on Grand to Pershing Road. The parade turns west on Pershing Road to Union Station. The Victory Rally stage will be located in front of Union Station, with viewing opportunities on the north lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial. The Victory Rally will start at approximately 2 p.m., shortly after the end of the parade arrives.
- Watch the parade anywhere along the route. Excellent viewing spots include Ilus Davis Park and Washington Square Park. Barricades will line the entire route along the curb. Pedestrian crossings will be marked by balloons, but closed while the parade is in progress.
- Watch the celebration in front of Union Station from the south parking lot, Pershing Road (which will be closed) or the lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial. The staging will be similar to the annual “Celebration at the Station” event.
- Arrive early to allow time to find a spot. This is a family-friendly event, and fans are reminded that public consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Please remember that it’s best to travel light and we encourage yout to not bring bags or backpacks. Diaper bags will be allowed.
- Officially Licensed World Series Championship Merchandise will be available at the following locations: in front of Union Station, in Ilus Davis Park north of City Hall near 10th & Oak, and near the Kansas City Power & Light District.
Free Park and Ride Shuttles
Transit providers will offer FREE Parade Express service directly to the Royal Celebration from Kemper Arena, Country Club Plaza, Metro North, 47th & State, Red Bridge, Swope Park and Strang Line park & ride. For complete information on the Royals Celebration and Victory Parade Shuttles visit: RideKC.org/news/parade.
FREE bus service is being offered on all local, express and shuttle service that connects to downtown. This includes KCATA, IndeBus, Unified Government Transit and Johnson County Transit (710 K-10 connector excluded). This service will run from 9 a.m. until two hours after the celebration ends.
Regular service will be available along existing routes throughout the Metro including from the Country Club Plaza, Metro North, Indian Springs, Red Bridge and Waldo. However, some regular routes may need to be rerouted due to the event. For information on reroutes please visit RideKC.org/bulletins/parade-reroutes
For complete route information for the day of the Royal celebration, please visit RideKC.org. You may contact the Regional Call Center at (816) 221-0660, weekdays from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., or visit www.kcata.org.
Ride B-cycle to the parade and celebration at Union Station quickly and easily without the traffic or parking hassles. On Tue. Nov. 3, 2015, B-Cycle will be free for the first 30 minutes of each bike share ride for bicycle transportation. B-cycle has 12 downtown locations. (Rides lasting longer than 30 minutes incur usage fees of $2 per half hour).
Find B-cycle locations an more information here: KansasCity.Bcycle.com.
While there are approximately 40,000 parking spaces in the Downtown and Crown Center areas, it will be a normal business day with many of those spaces occupied by workers. Spectators are advised to carpool or use public transportation. On-street parking is very limited near the parade and rally.
Special Event Parking
National World War I Museum & Memorial - One of the largest public parking lots in downtown Kansas City will be available on the National World War I Museum and Memorial’s lawn ($15 per car – access via Wyandotte St.)
Crown Center - Crown Center will be offering special event parking located just east of the intersection of 27th & Grand. Cost is $15 per vehicle.
Street Parking - Metered parking along streets will be available. Download the city of Kansas City's new parking app Parkmobile to pay for your metered parking directly from your phone.
FOX 4 and Fox Sports Kansas City are the Official Broadcast Partners of the Royal Celebration. FOX Sports Kansas City will televise live the Royal Celebration parade and victory rally. For more information visit FoxSports.com.
The following streets will be closed on Tuesday Nov. 3 for the Royal Celebration starting at 9 a.m. Streets will reopen after the parade route has been cleaned and cleared of pedestrians.
- Grand Boulevard between 8th and 27th streets (plus side streets to Grand from Walnut or McGee) Crown Center parking via Grand Blvd. will remain accessible.
- Oak Street between 8th and 16th Streets (plus side streets to Oak from Locust Street)
- Truman Road between Locust Street and Walnut Street
- Pershing Road between McGee and Broadway Street/Archives Way
- Main Street between 20th and 27th streets
- Kessler Road from Pershing to the west side entrance of The National WWI Museum and Memorial
Celebrate on Social:
- Cheer for your World Series winning Royals with the official celebration hashtag: #RoyalCelebration
- Join our Facebook Event and invite your friends to the biggest Kansas City party in 30 years.
The Royal Celebration planning team was led by the Greater Kansas City Sports Commission and O'Neill Marketing & Event Management with assistance from the Kansas City Royals and many City of Kansas City departments, including Kansas City Parks & Recreation, Police, Fire, Public Works, and the City Manager’s Office, as well as Visit KC & the Downtown Council.
Find out how the men and women from the KC film production industry worked during Royals post-season this year.