TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CONTENT PROVIDERS TO VISIT KC
By replying to Visit KC’s consent request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesKC, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. Visit KC doing business as VisitKC.com also agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Visit KC may terminate its Websites or its use of your content at any time at its discretion.
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this agreement and to grant any and all rights to your user generated content (Content) in the form of original photography, video or text.
You understand and agree that your Content will be publicly displayed and it will not be treated in confidence. In fact, many people from around the world will be able to view your Content and by replying to Visit KC’s request for consent, you provide Visit KC with the right to use and share your Content on their official websites including but not limited to VisitKC.com as well as emails, print publications, and in all Visit KC social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Visit KC RIGHTS TO USER GENERATED CONTENT
By replying to Visit KC’s consent request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesKC you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You grant Visit KC and affiliate agents a perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast and publicly display your Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed and b) use (and permit others to use) your Content in any manner and for any purpose, including and without limitations: marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that Visit KC or their affiliate agents deem appropriate.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. Visit KC is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content on or through their Websites and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. Visit KC is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
By replying to Visit KC’s consent request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesKC you represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this agreement and you are not impersonating anyone else
- you own all rights in and to your Content including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any) and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant the same rights to Visit KC as described herein
- your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third-party individual or entity
- any information contained in your Content is not known to you to be false, inaccurate or misleading
- your Content does not violate any law
- you were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Content
- your Content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, copyright protected materials or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself
- your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon Visit KC or their marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts
By replying to Visit KC’s consent request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #yesKC, specifically agree that:
- you agree to release and allow all creative license and creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of Visit KC and its affiliate agents
- you voluntarily agree to waive all “moral rights” that you may have to your Content
- you will not be compensated or granted any consideration in any way by Visit KC for the use of your Content
- you will not upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- you will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
You agree to irrevocably release and forever discharge Visit KC and its affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against Visit KC, and affiliate agents, subsidiaries, employees and third party providers or their respecting successor without limitation resulting from the use of your Content or anything contained therein by Visit KC.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Visit KC and its affiliate agents from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including a reasonable amount of attorney’s fees) that such parties may incur as a result of: (i) your use of and access to CrowdRiff; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms & Conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. Visit KC reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you agree to cooperate with Visit KC’s defense of such claims.
MODIFICATIONS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Visit KC may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will be posted on visitkc.com/contact-us/legal along with the new effective date.
Should you want your content removed from VisitKC.com properties, you will need to send a message with the request to social.media@visitKC.com. Once Visit KC acknowledges receipt of your email request, please allow 30 days for any action to take place. Previously approved content already scheduled for or in print cannot be taken removed.
These terms shall be governed by the laws of the state of Missouri. Should any and all legal disputes connected with the Content arise, resolution will take place in accordance with the laws of the state of Missouri.