Old Stone Church
Hours: Call for info
Reverend Samuel Adair and his son, Charles, built the Old Stone Church from area native stone. Reverend Adair's wife, Florella, John Brown's half-sister, raised the money from friends and relatives in Ohio to build the church. The church was dedicated on July 14, 1861. Reverend Adair was a Union Army chaplain during the Civil War and the first chaplain at the Osawatomie State Hospital. The church was renovated and rededicated on July 14, 1963, as an all-faith chapel. The church is now used for special meetings and weddings.