Popular Small-Plates Dining Spots in Kansas City
Chefs around the city have transformed the way Kansas Citians eat, opting for smaller, more shareable portions that allow diners to sample a wide range of flavors and cultural influences either with friends, family, significant others or all to themselves.
From hip whiskey joints to upscale date-night dining, discover some of the most popular small-plates spots in Kansas City.
Not every dinner needs to be special to enjoy small plates fare.
- BLVD Tavern: Embedded in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District, BLVD Tavern is a casual hang that offers unique takes on comfort food classics, such as crab cakes and cheese curds.
Expand your horizons beyond your comfort zone for delicious, globally inspired dishes.
- La Bodega: This Leawood- and Southwest Boulevard-based Spanish restaurant features a menu full of hot and cold tapas—arguably the most extensive list of small-plates options in the city.
- The Antler Room: Elegant dishes pair Mediterranean and East Asian delicacies with Midwestern roots with amazing results, all complemented by artful cocktails and a warm atmosphere.
- Extra Virgin: Mediterranean offerings shine at Extra Virgin—helmed by James Beard-winning Chef Michael Smith—thanks to a diverse array of options, including cured meats, flavorful cheeses, fresh vegetables and oysters.
- Tribe Street Kitchen: Head to Delaware Street in the River Market area for a wide variety of worldly flavors, including selections from India, Peru and the Philippines.
Save these spots for romantic dinners out on the town.