Hip Happy Hours in Kansas City
Happy hours are plentiful so in KC that, when coupled with the city’s resurgent drinking and dining scene, the post-work crowd has something to celebrate every day of the week. From early afternoon drinks on a patio to shared plates at the bar, discover some of the most notable happy hours for every occasion:
- Freshwater: The menu is more upscale, but the backroom bar enjoys a convivial environment during happy hour as shareables are passed amongst patrons.
- Brick House: Half-patio, half-neighborhood-haunt, this brick-walled hangout is a relaxing way to welcome the weekend.
- The Well: This mainstay in the Waldo neighborhood is known for its tremendous year-round rooftop and open-air offerings.
- Harry’s Country Club: A classic bar in every sense of the word, Harry’s is a River Market favorite that always hits the spot.
- La Bodega: Split Spanish tapas and refreshing pitchers of sangria at this establishment located in both Leawood and on Southwest Boulevard.
- Hogshead: With an excellent drink selection, rustic-cool vibes and elevated takes on bar snacks, Hogshead is your new go-to for happy hours on the Country Club Plaza, no matter the day of the week.
Good for Groups
- Extra Virgin: Renowned for its adventurous menu, Chef Michael Smith’s Mediterranean tapas concept is conveniently situated right in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District.
- No Other Pub: No Other Pub takes the sports bar concept to new heights thanks to eclectic street fare and parlor games such as table tennis, shuffleboard, foosball and more.
- HopCat: Craft beer and “crack fries” shine in this hotspot that touts a killer rooftop overlooking all of Westport.
- The Brass Onion: An Overland Park establishment that prides itself on creative cocktails and crave-worthy eats.
- The Granfalloon: Simply one of the most popular places in town for a straightforward drink and prime TV viewing on the Plaza.
- Bluestem: One of the premier restaurants in the region touts a happy hour lounge menu that is equal parts affordable and unforgettable.
- The Jacobson: New American dining and a renovated, industrial space make for an excellent happy hour combo at The Jacobson.
- The Rieger: Expect carefully concocted dishes and creative cocktails in The Rieger, a Crossroads gem that’s sophisticated without pretension.
- Trezo Mare: Northlanders delight in this Italian restaurant perched atop The Village at Briarcliff, where incredible skyline views pair nicely with authentic tastes.
- Tannin: Don’t miss this casual-cool hangout just steps from the KC Streetcar line—dubbed one of Wine Enthusiast’s best wine restaurants in America in 2017.
- Bōru: Your friendly neighborhood ramen restaurant keeps Waldo happy hours interesting with Japanese bites and spirits.
- Le Fou Frog: Flavors from France shine in this Columbus Park spot that serves as the perfect precursor to a romantic date night.
- Krokstrom Klubb: Savor Scandinavian recipes, including Danish fries and Copenhagen “street dogs,” at this celebrated comfort food restaurant.
- Grünauer: Those craving Austrian cuisine need look no further than Grünauer, a Freight House favorite touting everything from schnitzel to goulash.
- Westport Café: Relaxed-yet-refined environs make guests feel right at home in this inviting French-American restaurant.