Stretched across 202 acres in beautiful Swope Park, the Kansas City Zoo has helped connect families to the natural world around us for more than 100 years. Thanks to continuous improvements and major openings around the corner, there’s always a new adventure at the Zoo.
MORE TO KNOW
- Home to more than 1,700 animals and 200 species in naturalistic habitats, the Kansas City Zoo is a standout way for families to enjoy the outdoors in a spacious setting. Arriving for the summer of 2022, a new alligator exhibit hosts six residents for Zoo guests to greet in a swampland setting.
- Get up close and personal with the Zoo’s most popular animals through its immersive exhibit areas. Watch Nuniq and Berlin roam through Polar Bear Passage. Swing by the Orangutan Canopy and adventure across Elephant Expedition. Get your hands wet at Stingray Bay. And then slide through Helzberg Penguin Plaza to meet all kinds of penguins, from strutting Humboldts to zipping, diving gentoos.
- A packed calendar of events offers special encounters and unique ways to experience the Zoo all throughout the year. From hallmark celebrations like Jazzoo and Wine Walk for Wildlife to seasonal favorites like Boo at the Zoo and Zoo Year’s Eve, check back often for the latest lineup and get ready to explore even more.
- Rest your heels with the Zoo’s unique rides and fun modes of transportation. Take a spin on the Endangered Species Carousel, relax on the KC Zoo Railroad or soar high above the African exhibits with the Sky Safari.
- Coming in 2023, a 600,000-gallon aquarium will provide guests an entirely new aquatic experience as they navigate their way through an enchanting array of reefs, lagoons and sandy shorelines. Stay up to date on the latest news here.
- Become a Friend of the Zoo and make wild adventure a regular occurrence. An annual membership includes unlimited admission to the Zoo, plus discounts on concessions and retail, invitations to member-only events and more. You’ll also be supporting the Zoo’s Conservation Fund, which contributes to conversation efforts at home and all around the world.