Stretched across 202 acres in beautiful Swope Park, the Kansas City Zoo & Aquarium has helped connect families to the natural world around us for more than 100 years. Thanks to continuous improvements and major openings, there’s always a new adventure at the Zoo.
MORE TO KNOW
- Now open, the 650,000-gallon Sobela Ocean Aquarium will provide guests an entirely new aquatic experience as they navigate their way through an enchanting array of reefs, lagoons and sandy shorelines. Aquarium admission is included with every Zoo ticket and timed reservations are now available here.
- Home to more than 1,700 animals and 200 species in naturalistic habitats, the Kansas City Zoo & Aquarium is a standout way for families to enjoy the outdoors in a spacious setting. A new alligator exhibit hosts six residents for Zoo guests to greet in swampland surroundings.
- Make your plans for special fall-time festivities at the Zoo. Bring the whole family to Boo at the Zoo for a unique trick-or-treating experience, enjoy pumpkin toss and special photo-ops at Hoots & Howls, or enjoy an adults-only evening of live music, beer and wine at Brew at the Zoo.
- Get up close and personal with the Zoo’s most popular animals through its immersive exhibit areas. Watch Nuniq roam through Polar Bear Passage. Swing by the Orangutan Canopy and adventure across Elephant Expedition. Get your hands wet at Stingray Bay. And then slide through Helzberg Penguin Plaza to meet all kinds of penguins, from strutting Humboldts to zipping, diving gentoos.
- A packed calendar of events offers special encounters and unique ways to experience the Zoo all throughout the year. From hallmark celebrations like Jazzoo and Wine Walk for Wildlife to seasonal favorites like Boo at the Zoo and Zoo Year’s Eve, check back often for the latest lineup and get ready to explore even more.
- Rest your heels with the Zoo’s unique rides and fun modes of transportation. Take a spin on the Endangered Species Carousel, relax on the KC Zoo Railroad or soar high above the African exhibits with the Sky Safari.
- Become a Friend of the Zoo and make wild adventure a regular occurrence. An annual membership includes unlimited admission to the Zoo, plus discounts on concessions and retail, invitations to member-only events and more. You’ll also be supporting the Zoo’s Conservation Fund, which contributes to conversation efforts at home and all around the world.