Distinctive neighborhoods and deep history define Kansas City, KS, as a destination with rich cultural offerings that won’t be found anywhere else in the region. Combined with a collection of high-powered sports experiences, celebrated restaurants and always-expanding local shopping, the Sunflower State city is certain to surprise every visitor.
MORE TO KNOW
- Make the Sunflower State your destination for top-tier sports experiences. Step into the electric energy of KC’s soccer scene as you catch Sporting Kansas City or the KC Current in action at Children’s Mercy Park, or tap into an essential element of area history as you watch the Kansas City Monarchs—an American Association baseball team named as a nod to KC’s pioneering Negro Leagues club—take the field.
- KCK's exclusive sports experiences don't come to an end once you've left the park. Consider Kansas City, KS, your go-to destination in the metro area for sports betting, with beloved dive bars and major hotspots like Hollywood Casino offering opportunities to catch a few matchups on TV while keeping an eye on your wagers.
- From Strawberry Hill’s storied selection of dive bars to restaurants on 47th Street that will please every palate—Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Q, 1889 Pizza Napoletana and more—urban explorers are certain to find something new in Kansas City, KS’ compelling collection of neighborhoods on every visit.
- Families can find fun with ready-made adventures in Kansas City, KS. For a stay filled with water park thrills, head to Village West and make Great Wolf Lodge your home base for the weekend. Nearby is Legends Outlets Kansas City, home to more than 100 retail stores, dining options and designer outlets, from Nike to Kate Spade and Tory Burch. Even more standout shopping can be found at Nebraska Furniture Mart and Cabela’s, immersive retailers offering everything you need for life at home and in the great outdoors.
- A nonstop roster of festivals and events means there’s always something new to entertain and inspire. With a stellar lineup of cultural celebrations along Central Avenue, national names in concert at Azura Amphitheatre and monthly Third Friday Art Walks throughout the spring, summer and fall, you can take your pick of area festivities (and plan to return often for the next unforgettable outing).
- Take a closer look at the cultural roots of Kansas City, KS, with the KCK Legacy Trail, launching in spring 2023. The self-guided exploration invites you to dive deep into diverse perspectives that have shaped the area, from foundational moments to modern celebrations, examining more than 50 of the city’s significant sites along the way.