Where to Shop for Menswear in Kansas City
The emergence of Kansas City as a distinctive cultural destination has ushered in a Midwest menswear renaissance, one where designers and curators with keen eyes have developed modern looks and advanced timeless traditions with fine fabrics and hand-tailored attire for men. All the while, a handful of boutiques and clothiers have led the charge with styles that range from streetwear to boardroom dress, outfitting for every occasion.
Find some of the best places in KC to shop for menswear:
Made to Fit
Image via Facebook
Stylish in every sense of the word, Paolini Garment in Prairie Village produces some of the finest dress wear that Kansas City retailers offer. Tuxedo or suit, classic or modern, the team gives you the power to customize your look, sparing no detail.
Meanwhile, in the River Market, Houndstooth is a go-to shopping spot for men in search of anything from custom-made suits and fashionable sport coats to fun ties and classic outerwear. The retailer also functions as a hotspot for KC-themed apparel from local brands as well as an in-house brand that remains a trailblazer of Kansas City style—all made right here in the US.
Queer Eye-featured retailer ULAH carries a diverse assortment of casual apparel perfect for a laid-back work setting or after-hours fun. Think cable-knit sweaters and henleys in the winter and funky short-sleeve button-downs in the summer—each piece as versatile as the next so that you can go from one activity to another and still look sharp.
While not specific to men, Halls Kansas City in Crown Center stands out as a flagship of fashion in the city with a seemingly unlimited offering of clothing collections—fancy, casual or somewhere in between. Find outfit inspiration and instant wardrobe upgrades in every department, and don't miss “The Bridge,” a contemporary section that features fashion-forward fabrics and selections.
Crafted and Created in the Heartland
Kansas City's maker movement inspires and influences local outfitters that stock plenty of eye-catching menswear, such as all-in-one brand Made in Kansas City and vintage T-shirt purveyor Charlie Hustle.
An assortment of other area brands don't let a single detail go unnoticed. Sandlot Goods produces leather goods like belts, wallets, keychains and backpacks, each understated yet exemplary in look and quality. Sock 101 has your feet covered (literally) and Foxtrot Supply Co. makes watch bands to keep you on time and in style.
Complete Your Look
No outfit is complete without statement accents that really make you stand out—or blend in, if you prefer.
Other Excellent Retailers
- BLDWN: One of the region's top fashion brands offers unparalleled denim and the iconic wool "KC" cap in both fitted and strap-back style. Find it at the Country Club Plaza, in Leawood and at Legends Outlets.
- East + West: Based in the Crossroads Arts District, this retailer carefully curates high-quality clothing for a wide variety of occasions.
- Westside Storey: Find vintage-inspired T-shirts, sweatshirts and hats at this eclectic boutique in the Westside neighborhood.
- VOLUME 1NE: A Crossroads shop that specializes in streetwear, including sneakers, bags, graphic tees and more.
- MADE MOBB: Brash and bold, the apparel produced by MADE MOBB helps you leave your mark wherever you go.