2016 Kansas City, MO Sales Tax Holiday, Aug. 5-7
Close out your summer in Kansas City and take advantage of a sales tax holiday.
The following retail purchases will be exempt from respective sales taxes during the 2015 Back to School Sales Tax Holiday in Kansas City, Missouri:
- Clothing: any article having a taxable valueof $100 or less
- School supplies not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Personal computers not to exceed $1,500
- Computer software items with taxable value of $350 or less
- Computer peripheral devices not to exceed $1,500
- Graphing calculators not to exceed $150
Some items will not be exempt from sales tax. For more information about the Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday, visit http://dor.mo.gov/business/sales/taxholiday/school/. Click on "Information for Consumers" for more specific info.