Unfinished business indeed. From winning the home opener in Kansas City to winning the World Series in New York, the Kansas City Royals played through the 2015 season with relentless passion in pursuit of becoming World Champions. After more than 800,000 fans descended on downtown Kansas City to help celebrate the boys in blue, Visit KC put together a quick look back at the journey from #TakeTheCrown to #Crowned.
Return to the Playoffs
For the second year in a row, the Kansas City Royals returned to the postseason after winning their first division title in 30 years. Kansas City fans were ready to join the team and #TakeTheCrown as we welcomed another Blue October.
Welcome back to the World Series, Kansas City. With a second chance for the Royals to become World Champions, the city turned up its passion to another level for the Fall Classic. From fountains and flyers to larger-than-life watch parties, we painted the town blue like only Royals fans know how.
Kansas City showed up big time to celebrate the "boys in blue." More than 800,000 fans of all ages attended downtown's World Series Championship parade and rally on Nov. 3. The celebration itself also made history -- as the largest gathering in Missouri state history.
In the Media Spotlight
The World Series cast a compelling spotlight on KC, and national media took notice. Here's just a sampling of the coverage our fair city enjoyed:
- USA Today - Kansas City is the best baseball town in America right now
- Chicago Tribune - Taking the Kids: An important history less through baseball in Kansas City
- US News & World Report - Kansas City Knows How to Party
- New York Daily News - As New York Mets and Kansas City Royals head to World Series, strip steak rivalry heats up
- ABC News/Associated Press - BBQ or Bagels? A Tasty World Series Set, Royals Meet Mets
- Washington Post - All of Kansas City turned out for Royals’ World Series parade — and we do mean ‘all’
- Yahoo! Travel - World Series Travel Smackdown: New York vs. Kansas City
- Today Show - Royals superfan Paul Rudd celebrates World Series title with locker room beer shower
- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon - Eric Hosmer and Salvador Perez recount their World Series win
The Story on Social
Kansas City Royals fans from around the world shared their passion for their team and this city via social media. Below, you’ll find what fans shared as they captured the excitement of a World Series win.