Related Organization: Quixotic
See what all the excitement was about last year when Terra Luna premiered at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens! This is a not-to-be missed event! Just hear what patrons said about last year's show –
- It really was amazing, and we would 100% go back again and again!
- I loved every minute of the event. Every bend had a different feel to it, and I couldn't wait to see what came next. I sent pictures to my friends and everyone wanted to know where I was at and if they could sign up, too.
- There are not enough words in the dictionary to explain the excitement of this event.
- It sounded like a wonderfully different artistic experience - combining music, dance, exotic experience throughout the wooded area was too tempting to miss. It was everything I expected and more - very fairyland-ish.
- The sensory experience made a deep impression with my mom who has advanced dementia and doesn't remember much of anything. I now replay photos from the event for her every day as she has talked of nothing else. If this isn't already an annual event, please consider it!Was an absolutely beautiful experience!I must have looked at the event description several times before deciding whether to attend. It was vague but intriguing. I did feel that I was taking a gamble when I bought the tickets, especially with a 45 minute drive so late, but that gamble paid off. We LOVED this!
About Terra Luna: This September, Quixotic will open a portal between everyday reality and elemental fantasy at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. The four-night-only multimedia installation will guide guests on a wild journey through the grounds, culminating in an immersive performance uniting live music, dance, aerial acrobatics and more. Animated by the Arboretum’s transitioning seasons, the boundary-breaking event will illuminate environment in surprising ways: agrestal costuming that incorporates the bounty of the gardens, embedded performers who meld and merge with the twilight landscape, light design that leads the audience deeper into the dream. This unique collaboration between Quixotic and Friends of the Arboretum will astound guests and leave them in awe of Mother Nature’s ultimate imagination.
About Quixotic: Based in Kansas City, Quixotic was given Silicon Valley’s unofficial stamp of genius when they were invited to perform at the global TED Conference in 2012. A unique blend of projection mapping, artistic dance, aerialists, musicians and specialty acts, Quixotic fuses all these elements into what the New York Times branded an “innovative circus ensemble,” and Men’s Journal declared “one of the best contemporary [cirque] acts.” They have performed for audiences worldwide and have helped launch brand products for companies such as IBM, HP, Smithsonian, Emirates Airlines and Bulgari.