Now in its 86th year, the Plaza Art Fair is a much-beloved Kansas City tradition that celebrates the city’s stellar creative culture.
But before you go, consult our list of need-to-knows and where-to-go’s so that you can stress less and appreciate more art.
Need to Know
The event takes place over the course of an entire weekend. Hours vary each day:
Friday, Sept. 22: 5–10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 23: 10 a.m.–10 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 24: 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
Admission to the event is free. Zero dollars. Zero cents.
Where to Go
The Plaza Art Fair encompasses nine city blocks in the Country Club Plaza. The streets surrounding these blocks are shut down during the event to accommodate for walkers and to make room for festival booths, tents and more.
That said, there are several different alternative methods of arrival, if you choose to avoid driving altogether:
- More than 240 participating artists.
- Rock out to more than 50 musicians performing on three different live stages.
- Choose between 25 featured restaurant booths (or sample all of them).
- Dogs are welcome!
- The fair goes on rain or shine.
- Country Club Plaza shops and restaurants are open during Plaza Art Fair. Some hours may vary by location.
- You can volunteer!
This year’s Plaza Art Fair ought to be the best yet, because with three days full of local, national and international artists, live music, delicious dining selections and more, you’re sure to enjoy yourself.