Union Station opened and was dedicated on October 30, 1914. During its opening ceremony, Union Station was heralded as one of the most beautiful train stations in the country and that tradition continues today. Union Station is still considered one of the top 23 train stations in the country. - UnionStation.com One of our city's most recognizable buildings, Union Station is home to Science City, delicious restaurants and many special events and exhibits throughout the year. On October 30, 2014, Union Station Kansas City will celebrate its 100th Anniversary! To get the party started early, Union Station, along with the Kansas City Chiefs and Quixotic Entertainment, is kicking things off with the biggest Red Friday Pep Rally KC has ever seen! The evening full of free festivities will include:
- Event kicks off with a live concert
- Activities and fun for the entire family
- Official Kansas City Chiefs Red Friday Pep Rally
- Spellbinding Digital Imagery and Musical Journey by Quixotic Fusion
- Spectacular Fireworks Finale Launched From Atop Union Station
- Food & Drink Available For Purchase
That digital imagery planned for the outside of Union Station? It's going to be incredible... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGQ2jnBdbes Join the Union Station's Facebook Event to let your friends and family know you're going!