Missouri Tax-Free Shopping Weekend 2014
Visit Kansas City the first weekend in August (1-3) and take advantage of Missouri’s back-to-school sales-tax holiday. Shop for clothing, school supplies and computers — and pay no sales tax in select Missouri cities and counties.
Sales Tax Holiday Information
The Sales Tax Holiday will be available Friday, August 1, through Sunday, August 3 in select cities and counties across Missouri. Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items are exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
Click on the links below for a list of cities, counties and districts that have chosen not to participate in this year's program.
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less per purchase
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
For more detailed information on qualifying items, please visit the Missouri Department of Revenue's website.