Missouri Tax-Free Shopping Weekend 2014
Visit Kansas City the first weekend in August (1-3) and take advantage of Missouri’s back-to-school sales-tax holiday. Shop for clothing, school supplies and computers — and pay no sales tax in select Missouri cities and counties.
Sales Tax Holiday Information
The Sales Tax Holiday will be available Friday, August 1, through Sunday, August 3 in select cities and counties across Missouri. Certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items are exempt from sales tax for this time period only.
The majority of Kansas City, MO and Independence will be participating in the Sales Tax Holiday.
Click on the links below for a list of cities, counties and districts that have chosen not to participate in this year's program.
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less per purchase
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
For more detailed information on qualifying items, please visit the Missouri Department of Revenue's website.