Home > 1827 Log Courthouse
1827 Log Courthouse
TYPE: Free Admission
ADDRESS: 107 W Kansas Ave. Independence, MO 64050-3713
Hours: Open 10am-2pm Mon-Fri. After 2pm, by appointment.
Jackson County's first government building, constructed with slave labor, was the only courthouse between St. Louis and the Pacific at the time the Santa Fe Trail trade began.
Two-room log structure was home to roots of Jackson County where controversial slave state, land disputes and westward expansion issues were dealt with. Once a Mormon mercantile store, this structure has a great significance to members of the LDS church. Harry Truman held court here in the 1930s.
No upcoming events are available at this time. Please check back at a later date.
There are currently no detailed reviews published for this item. Be the first to write a detailed review and have it published! Write a Review!
No special offers are available at this time. Please check back at a later date.